Job title: Transportation Manager
Company: Nissin Foods
Job description: The Transportation Manager at Nissin Foods USA is responsible for all aspects of transportation, including the efficient and effective movement of finished goods from our distribution network to our customers, and optimizing the transportation of raw materials and packaging between vendors and our production facilities. This role reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain and works alongside other supply chain roles (demand and supply planning, customer service, material planning, distribution centers) and other corporate functions such as sales, marketing, finance, and manufacturing.
Essential Jobs – Job Duties: The following duties are considered essential to the job. Eligible individuals must have the ability – with or without reasonable accommodations – to perform the following duties but not limited to:
1. Development and operation within the monthly and annual transportation budgets
2. Perform cost analysis and take action to reduce budget variance
3. Identifying and securing transportation partners, leading RFPs, selecting vendors and negotiating – ensuring transportation capacity to meet company needs.
- Collaborate with customer service and other functions to achieve superior customer delivery experience
- Conduct regular reviews of carrier performance and compliance/customer service
4. Continuous analysis, review, evaluation, recommendation and implementation of effective shipping strategies and procedures
5. Meet the service level requirements of our customers – OTIF
6. Establish departmental policies and procedures that ensure efficient and effective flow of stock and information in order to exceed customer requirements, both internal and external
7. Managing the transportation management system and performance results 8. Optimizing the flow of product from our warehouses to our customers, analyzing information and evaluating the results to choose appropriate solutions to problems.
9. Communicate with all management levels and departments to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability 9. Train, train and develop logistic planners in implementing our transportation strategy
10. Develop and lead the pallet vendor strategy
11. Demonstrate a high sense of urgency and ability to work with minimal supervision
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises logistics planners. Undertakes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; performance appraisal reward and discipline employees; Handling complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; 5 to 7 years of experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of the transportation industry and supply chain management. A clear understanding of the FMCG industry – Food industry experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
information about us
Since Nissin’s entry into the United States in the 1970s, our flagship brand, Cup Noodles and Top Ramen, has held a niche in American pop culture even before ramen became the trendy dish it is today. It began in post-WWII Japan amid acute food shortages and inspired our founder, Momofuku Ando, to create instant ramen in 1958. In order to continue this legacy of innovation, we are looking for noodle lovers who have a passion for ignoring the status quo, striving for continuous growth and love To be part of something special.
We want to cultivate a company culture that makes people passionate about our mission and fully engaged.
Put the right people in the right positions and provide resources to assist them in their current positions as they prepare them for success to grow in future roles.
Offering competitive salaries and benefits because we want everyone to work for a living (not the other way around). We invite you to join our mission to advance the way people think about instant ramen and expand its appeal and be a part of this $4 billion global business built from a simple block of noodles.
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. She is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, or gender including sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request accommodation if you are unable to use or access our career center as a result of your disability or limitation of your ability to do so. To request accommodation, contact a human resources representative from Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc.
Location: Gardena, CA
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:33:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!