Job title: Test Administrator – Culver City, CA (Temp)
Job description: Test Officer – Culver City, CA (Temperature) – (2112797)
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the world’s leading provider of computer-based tests for information technology, academic, government, and professional testing programs around the world. Providing a full range of services from test development to data management, Pearson VUE delivers tests through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals each year.
Pearson VUE is a subsidiary of Pearson, the world’s leading educational company with market leaders and global reach. Pearson is listed on the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE provides a great environment to start or advance your career and we are now hiring a part time Test Manager to join our team in Culver City, CA
Please note that this is a temporary position that will run until the end of February 2022.
Starting salary is $16 an hour.
Your health, safety and well-being during COVID-19
As a responsible employer, at Pearson VUE we take the health, safety and well-being of our fellow test-takers very seriously. At our company-owned testing centers, we follow CDC and WHO recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect test candidates and our staff. In accordance with the recommendations of global health organizations, we implement a strict cleaning regime that includes providing hand sanitizer to test candidates when they enter the testing center and disinfecting the surface and equipment of each workstation after the end of each appointment. Any equipment used during the check-in process is also sanitized after each use. We are also implementing social distancing guidelines, which suggest 6 feet of distance between individuals. Test centers may need to limit workstation availability to ensure that a safe distance is maintained between candidates. We will continue to:
Have hand sanitizer available in the waiting area and before entering the exam room.
Increase our cleaning and disinfection systems between all test dates.
Provide paper tissues to candidates upon arrival and allow candidates to wear a mask or disposable gloves if they choose.
Remind candidates to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when they arrive at the test center.
Provide masks and hand sanitizer for test center staff.
The Test Administrator is responsible for providing safe testing and superior customer service in a relaxed friendly environment. In this position, you will be required to:
● Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using strict judgment
● Verify test candidates, verify their identity, and explain the test process
● Monitoring/observing candidates during the test
● Troubleshooting with internal departments to fix technical problems
● Complete light housekeeping tasks such as sweeping floors and sanitizing switchboards after each candidate has completed their screening
Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with various shifts available any day – Monday through Saturday – between 6:00 AM and 12:00 AM. Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling.
This is completely a part-time job and will continue to be, 15-20 hours per week, with the expectation of working more hours if needed.
Tables are available at least two weeks in advance. Pearson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and member of E-Verify. All eligible applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● A high school diploma or equivalent is required
● At least one year customer service experience is preferred
● Experience in probation or refresher exams is preferred
● Must be flexible in working hours and days
● Beginner to Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time as well as accompany candidates to and from the examination room. Must be able to bend, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds with a reasonable stay.
● Must be comfortable in a quiet test environment, hear soft sounds and see details from a distance.
Main location: US-CA-Culver City
US-CA-Culver City-300 Corporate Point
300 Corporate PointeSuite 200
Culver City 90230
Position: Test Center
Organization: VUE assessments
Employee status: fixed term
Job Type: Temporary Work
Career level: junior
Job Opportunities: September 6, 2021
Unpublishing jobs: Ongoing
Schedule: Temporary part time
ID required: 2112797
Expected salary: $16 per hour
Location: Culver City, CA
Job date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 03:38:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!