Job title: Seasonal Retail Receiving Support Associate, Sunrise
Job description: Job title:
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been here for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
Macy’s magic finally comes alive in our stores, and our co-workers make it. They provide outstanding customer service, create an unforgettable shopping experience, and drive sales results. Macy’s Store location (seasonal, part-time or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives have started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store jobs are ideal for building relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s Stores are ideal for building capacity to create partnerships, build teams, and develop tomorrow’s leaders. Macy’s is an ‘academy’ of retail professions.
A store associate position (whether it’s a seasonal job, a part-time retail job, or a full-time job) is the perfect way to start a career in the retail world. Many of Macy’s senior executives have started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates in our development programs in various positions at Macy’s.
The Receiving Officer, also known as the Back of House Assistant, is responsible for driving a great shopping experience for our customers within the store and the end-to-end channel by completing all functions related to receiving and handling merchandise entering and leaving the premises as well as in-store merchandise maintenance and store maintenance. Duties include, but are not limited to, receiving, packing, shipping, fulfillment picking and other assigned duties.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our partners to co-create their work schedules by managing availability and setting preferences. Additionally, during major events and oversold times, Macy’s may offer additional turnarounds to our partners, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Take the goods out of the vendors’ boxes and remove the goods from the plastic bags and packaging
- Hang or fold merchandise and put it on shelves to be taken to the sales floor
- Complete all processing and receiving activities according to production standards schedules
- During peak times, complete fulfillment orders including merchandise selection, packing and shipping orders, and in-store pickup orders are made ready for customers
- Learn and apply packaging policies and techniques to ensure each customer receives their packaging in good condition
- Process shipable returns and drop them on in-store pickup
- During peak times, pick up the customer including retrieve the orders from our back warehouse and deliver them to the customer
- Monitor alerts to ensure you are ready on time to complete BOPS online orders.
- Choose non-existent goods to optimize the filling rate according to business needs
- Expedite old orders to improve shipping speed for our customers. Deliver exceptional customer experience by ensuring that the customer is always the priority
- Participate in store maintenance, organization and housekeeping
- Assist in replenishing stock on the sales floor
- Assist in the inventory process and the reduction process
- Regular, reliable attendance and punctuality
- Assist the merchandise team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes and clearance group
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No education or experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of clients and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as being part of a team, and is able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- The situation requires long periods of standing/walking around the store or department
- May include reaching, crouching, kneeling, bending, seeing colors, and climbing stairs
- Frequent use of computers and other technologies necessary to perform work duties, including portable electronic equipment.
- Repeatedly lift / move up to 50 lbs
Colorado Candidates: Click here to find information and from here to.
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:47:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!