Job title: SAP S/4 Hana Customer Industries iXp Intern – User Experience Design
Job description: What do we offer
Our corporate culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? Every day we focus on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and aligns with our goal-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative and nurturing team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition of your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience
The SAP Internship Experience is a global, strategic, paid-for SAP internship program that provides college students with opportunities to find purpose in their career.
Three reasons to practice in SAP * Collaboration culture: Meet mentors, make new friends around the world, and create a thriving personal network.
- Project Driven Experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gaining insight: With the SAP Internship Experience at your address, you will have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud is a new business unit of SAP S/4HANA with a focus on Industry Cloud, a segment of emerging markets where SAP directs its customers towards developing their industry-focused business models using new business processes, tools, and services. SAP CIC complements SAP’s existing portfolio of businesses and helps the entire company keep pace with new market trends in Industry Cloud.
SAP S/4HANA CIC comprehensively targets the strategic consumer products, retail, wholesale, and life sciences industries. As a dedicated unit, it takes an entry-level approach to developing new cloud products and combines product strategy and product management for these four industries with all necessary cloud business functions, such as architecture, engineering, and operations along with development from cloud-native applications.
What will you do:
Post title: SAP S/4 Hana Customer Industries iXp Intern – User Experience Design
Location: Newport Beach, CA – Please note that turns will be remote until local guidelines ensure a safe office reopening
Expected start date to end date: June 28, 2021 – September 1, 2021
In this role, you will:
As a User Experience Design intern, you will learn how to practice human-centered software design in a large company. We will also provide you with a variety of technical and soft skills education from many of the accomplished designers on our team. You will get the opportunity to practice these skills with a multidisciplinary team on real-world projects that support actual SAP products and those likely to be implemented later.
We are looking for team players with positive attitudes, where your success in this role and the value you take from it depends on strong collaboration. It’s great if you already have technical skills in user experience (UX), visual design or user research, but most importantly, you are a strong team player. If you are passionate about users, this role is for you.
Other tasks include:
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Know the industry and field for your project topic, and identify the key users you will design for
- Collaboratively recruit and conduct research to learn more about your user and their biggest weaknesses to create simple and intuitive solutions
- Help delineate and synthesize real user feedback and learn how to bring it back into your designs
- Communicate your concepts and ideas through storytelling
- Continuously engage with project stakeholders to design experiences that remain true to business needs
- Take your concepts from low-resolution graphics to high-resolution models
- Assist in creating user flows and other design elements for presentations to clients under the guidance of project managers and senior UX designers
who are you:
We are looking for someone who takes the initiative, perseveres, and remains curious. You love working on innovative, meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Technical and professional experience required
This training is about learning. We are very interested in candidates with the following skills:
- Collaboration: working with people of different roles, skills, and backgrounds
- Domain Knowledge: Basic Understanding of UX Fundamentals and Technology
- Communication: Written/Oral Storyteller. Can be presented to multiple audiences
- Rational creativity: the ability to think outside the box and then connect with what is possible
- Initiative: Bias toward action, even on items not expressly within your direct responsibility
- Empathy: the ability and desire to truly recognize a user’s pain points
- Resilience: Feeling comfortable with ambiguity and failure in a safe environment and stepping out of your comfort zone
- Attention to detail: You totally sweat the little things
- Curiosity: the desire to grow and learn new things
- Advocacy: Strong support and appreciation for design thinking and user obsession.
- Fun – We love what we do.
Preferred technical and professional experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Figma & Mural
- Familiarity with access standardsي
- Familiarity with user recruitment tools
Follow SAPiXp and never miss out on our experiences around the world!
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insights more effectively. Known as a leader in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved into a market leader in end-to-end business application software, database-related services, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are goal-focused and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting industries, people or global platforms, we help ensure that every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs together.
We promised to include
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and wellbeing, and flexible work models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can function at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our people to inspire confidence and help everyone achieve their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talents and creating a better and fairer world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of equal employment opportunity and provide accessibility for applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying to work with SAP and need accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an email with your application to the Recruitment Operations Team: Americas: or APJ:, EMEA:.
EOE AA M/F/Veterinarian/Disability:
Eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, birth, etc.), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Order ID: 292079 | Field of work: Software design and development | Expected travel: 0 – 10% | Career status: Student | Recruitment type: Trainee | Additional sites:
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Job date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 07:08:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!