Job title: Packaging Buyer
Company: Nissin Foods
Job description: The Packaging Buyer is responsible for the direct management of the paper and resin-based packaging spend at Nissin Foods. The buyer is responsible for developing strategies that support corporate initiatives in terms of costing, Business Continuity Planning, technological development, and innovation/renovation. As a secondary responsibility the buyer will be responsible for managing some areas of indirect spend.
Essential Functions- Job Duties: The following duties are essential to performing the role. Qualified individuals must have the ability – with or without reasonable accommodation – to perform the following duties but not limited to:
- Designs sourcing strategies that improve the cost, continuity of supply, quality, service, and transparency of spend.
- Analyzes and develops a deep understanding of the supply markets, including external economic factors which influence those markets.
- Interprets market information for translation into the monthly forecasts, including identification of financial risks and opportunities.
- Maintains, consolidates, and improves relationships with existing suppliers to ensure continuity of supply, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives.
- Develops new/alternative suppliers to drive improvement in the areas of ensured supply, total delivered cost, service, and technologies.
- Establishes and maintains proactive communication with internal stakeholders to identify and deliver against cost saving opportunities.
- Collaborates with Marketing and R&D to help drive innovation and commercialize new products.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; 3 (three) plus years of strategic packaging procurement experience with a CPG or Food and Beverage company. Demonstrated success in category management, delivery against cost savings and ensure supply targets. Experience in strategic management of indirect spend categories. APICS/CPIM/CPSM certification strongly preferred.
Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ERP, strong project management skills, data analysis, excellent written and verbal communication skills,
Other Requirements: Work requires original and independent thinking in handling highly complex issues. Work activities are extremely variable and require interpretation of detailed guidelines, policies, and procedures. In some cases, guidelines may not be available, anticipation of needs and initiatives are important. This position will require regular contacts involving operating matters that involve controversy or significant complexity.
- Able to demonstrate functional expertise in online RFP (Request for Proposal), RFQ (Request for Quotation), RFI (Request for Information).
- Able to work closely with business functions and key stakeholders on new products from both a cost and a sourcing position.
- Able to analyze markets closely to ensure below or at market pricing and identify supplier differentiations.
- Able to present sourcing strategies that align with corporate objectives to senior leadership.
- Able to manage multiple suppliers against cost, quality standards, and delivery targets.
- Strong understanding of packaging material specifications and artwork used within a CPG or Food and Beverage Company.
- Well-developed understanding of index-based pricing models.
- Experienced with working with international suppliers and with import processes and regulations.
- Familiarity with indirect spend category management, negotiations, and contracting.
- Excellent teaming, communication, and organizational skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and taste or smell and occasionally carry lightweight articles (10 lbs).
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop
- The employee will occasionally be required to maneuver through active production environments and wear safety gear.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since Nissin’s entry into the US in the 1970’s, our flagship brands, Cup Noodles and Top Ramen have held a fond place in US pop culture even before ramen became the trendy dish it is today. It started in post-World War II Japan amidst dire food shortages and inspired our founder, Momofuku Ando, to invent instant ramen in 1958. In order to continue this legacy of innovation, we’re looking for noodle lovers who have a passion to disregard the status quo, seek continuous growth and love being part of something special.
- We want to cultivate a company culture that keeps people excited about our mission and thoroughly engaged.
- Place the right people in the right positions and provide the resources to help them in their current positions while setting them up for success to grow into future roles.
- Offer competitive pay and benefits since we want everyone to work to live (and not the other way around).We invite you to join in our mission to evolve how people think about instant ramen, expand its appeal and be a part of this $4 billion global company that was built from a simple block of noodles.
Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. Human Resources Representative.
Location: Gardena, CA
Job date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:39:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!