Job title: Operator Technician III
Job description: Job Summary: (Includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for starting, stopping and monitoring equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and logs. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record, and make adjustments within operating parameters. Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosing, maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner. Performs comprehensive maintenance and system improvement tasks. Performs chemical analysis and chemical control of steam, refrigeration, and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry records. The incumbents assist in the development of standard operating procedures and provide input to plant improvement elements to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and factory procedures. Regularly required to maintain the security plan, operate heavy equipment such as cranes and forklifts, and handle and transport bulk chemicals.
- high level; Recognized technical experience in special and possibly related positions.
- Performs a variety of complex technical services/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
- Regularly making decisions on non-routine or escalating technical issues.
- Independently prioritizing and effectively executing responsibilities in a single trade or group of related tasks or functional area.
- checks for own work and possibly the work of others; Work results with the highest standards of quality and advanced technical competence.
- Errors can be serious, and are usually not subject to verification or direct verification.
- The duties and tasks reflect great diversity and complexity.
- solves the most complex technical problems, occasionally consults with the “team leader”; May serve as a resource for others in resolving complex issues.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Gives priority to own weekly schedule and may direct others in completing tasks within clearly defined schedules as determined by management.
- Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
Requirements • High school diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
- high level; Generally over 10 years of direct relevant experience including an understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste including knowledge of safe handling, storage and transportation.
- Previous experience in the use of test equipment and calibrators is required. Experience in repairing machines and control systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
- Advanced certifications/licenses. A valid state driver’s license.
- Equal opportunities for minority and female employers, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to equal employment opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an email with your application to email@example.com. Reasonable accommodation requests are decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Please see OFCCP Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Location: Lebec, CA
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:44:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!