Job title: Data Science / Analytics Intern – BioSciences
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job title
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be doing important work. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that enhances your development. We have created an inclusive and global environment that values the strength of diverse talents, backgrounds and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to gain real work experience and build your network before you graduate. We are looking for an optimistic and responsible intern to join our growing organization.
Specific information about the site/department
The position is based in Carlsbad, California and work with the Department of Biological Sciences. Starts in May, paid 40 hours a week until August. There is an opportunity for this position to continue during the school year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
How will it affect you?
As a Data Science Analytics Intern, we will work together as a team dedicated to driving business efficiency for a Fortune 200 company. This position provides an exciting way for the intern to employ a cross-section of Machine Learning and Analytics to develop algorithms that improve productivity and drive revenue growth with Power BI.
We will translate business priorities into algorithms and communicate results to partners with varying degrees of technical background. You will use strong data mining and modeling skills to integrate multiple complex data sources, such as marketing, finance, supply chain, etc., translate them into consumer friendly visualizations and support data science initiatives.
- Gathering feedback and specifications from customers, iterating through rapid development races
- Create data lines and transform data sets in the AWS Data Lake infrastructure
- Optimize existing databases, cloud platforms, and visualization platform preferably Power BI to make more effective business decisions
- Work on automation and productivity initiatives that will provide exposure to automation tools and approaches
- Create predictive models and data science algorithms to address business problems and deliver results to customers through presentations, data flow diagrams, email, and meeting structures
- Troubleshooting and debugging: Validate the data in the central database by identifying any gaps in the original source data and investigating the root cause.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understanding Dimensional Modeling and the AWS Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of SQL and Power BI Platform
- Strong analysis skills
- Knowledge of R and Python and interoperability between different programming languages is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Desire to learn, direct and improve
- Ability to communicate optimally with a cross-functional team orally and in writing
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and make an impact on our unique mission – empowering our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Register today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the global leader in science service. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in research and development in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The clients we serve include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, hospitals, clinical diagnostic laboratories, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate scientific discovery, addressing challenges that range from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Training and apprenticeship
Thermo Fisher Scientific
It is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 04:45:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!