Job title: Firmware Engineer
Job description: The Intel Foundry Services (IFS) team is looking for a Firmware Engineer! In this role, you will be part of the Firmware Development Team as well as the Agile SCRUM Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Embedded architecture, FW external interface support, design for product limitations
- Develop features that meet constraints while providing new value to the platform
- Source code development, revision and maintenance.
- Unit and system level test
- Low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, hardware architecture, hardware design
- Storage interface standards such as CXL, NVMe PCIe
- Debugging interfaces such as JTAG, as well as debugging capabilities including clear logical reasoning and communication.
- Development environment management (make, Perl, SVN, GIT, Bugzilla, Jira, system integration using 8 16 32 64-bit microcontrollers)
- Implementation of algorithm modeling and digital signal processing
- Work to support FW Chiplets
You must possess the minimum qualifications below to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are an additional factor in determining the best candidates. The experience listed below will be obtained through a combination of school/classroom work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields and experience in the following:
- Basic knowledge of FW design implementation and debugging
- Able to use C and C++ to solve real world problems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- 6 months of real-world engineering experience
- Experience with Python, Cian, and C/C++ languages
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience with storage technologies standards including NVMe, PCI Gen4, OCP, and Optane SSDs
- Self-starting team player with a comprehensive attitude
- Some experience with Agile methodologies
Within this business group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every aspect of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art – from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield optimization to packaging, final testing and optimization, and world-class supply chain and facilities support. The employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Development Group are part of a global network of design, development, manufacturing and assembly/testing facilities, all focused on leveraging the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
All eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, religious belief, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender or expression of a gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
USCollege GradJR0187039Folsom Technology and Manufacturing
Location: Folsom, CA
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 04:45:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!