Job title: Employment Specialist (San Francisco, CA)
Company: Catholic Charities of San Francisco
Job description: Catholic Charity is one of the largest and most comprehensive human services agencies in Northern California, reaching more than 32,000 individuals annually in the San Francisco, San Mateo and Marine counties. We tackle some of the most pressing challenges in our society – displacement, intergenerational poverty, inequality, aging in isolation, HIV / AIDS, and migration to name just a few – with determination, expertise and problem solving cooperatively with those we serve as an integral part of Our Communities, We work to keep our neighborhoods diverse, productive, safe and healthy through more than 30 programs, comprehensive services and advocacy for social justice..We support our neighbors – single mothers, adults, families experiencing homelessness, adults with disabilities, the elderly, children and youth, and people living with HIV Humanity / AIDS, and migrants – when they need help, solutions and hope. We are compassionate caregivers, passionate advocates, and champions of those in need. If you are keen to make a material impact on the lives of others and the health of our community, apply here. Join us as we change our lives.
Scope of payment
$ 25.00 an hour
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with CalWORKs sponsorship to work with families to make a seamless transition from San Francisco County to the new county the family is moving to.
- Put CalWORKs participants in the jobs
- Target local businesses and improve employer connections.
- Create an in-house training program.
- Provides career advice and assistance with job search techniques.
- Expand your team of volunteers for resources such as resume writing, cover letter, workshops, support groups, and career information.
- Monitor clients’ progress on jobs and internships.
- Find and create business opportunities for Spanish speaking clients and a limited number of English speaking clients.
- Facilitate recruitment and training-related workshops
- Maintain status records and statistics and prepare regular reports for funders.
- Attending organization and program meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned to him.
- Maintaining continuity of services by coordinating with existing and new service providers.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with cooperating service providers, funders, and communities that will meet the changing needs of clients.
- Assisting clients in accessing the right resources and taking appropriate actions regarding business opportunities.
- Maintain close contact with other service providers involved with each client
- Design and implement program activities for all program participants.
- Participate in relevant programs, organization and community meetings as specified.
- Maintain appropriate program and client documentation.
- Representing the program and organizing in external meetings as needed.
- Nothing in this job description limits management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each primary duty. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a similar field or relevant experience of five years is preferred.
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Try navigating the housing market in the Gulf region
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bilingual in Mandarin / Cantonese, Spanish or Russian is preferred
- Knowledge of job opportunities / Gulf area networks.
- Strong coordination skills.
- Knowledge of community resources for the population.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to design systems and processes to track data and monitor progress.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowing the mandatory reporting requirements for people who work with elderly and children.
- Find out about the issues facing homeless people.
- Achievement oriented and customer focused.
- It cultivates teamwork and cooperation.
- Demonstrates the attitudes, knowledge and skills needed to provide culturally competent services and to operate effectively in intercultural situations.
The material demands shown here are those that an employee must fulfill to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Intermittent bending, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting and walking.
- Intermittent lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Repetitive, repetitive motions: Make significant movements (movements) of the wrist, hands, and / or fingers.
- Light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force at times, and / or up to 10 pounds of force repeatedly, and / or a small amount of force constantly to move things.
- A worker must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and numbers. Transcription. Computer terminal display; And an extensive reading.
- Leadership is required for this position.
If driving is required for a specific project, the incumbent must have a valid California driver’s license and be able to provide evidence of DMV record and personal insurance (if required).
The work environment characteristics shown here represent those that an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of that job. Reasonable facilities can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform basic functions.
- The business environment is the customers living environment where we conduct home visits for all clients regularly.
- Upon entering a client’s private space, there may be exposure to personal property / artwork that may be offensive.
- Lots of children are noisy constant.
- The occasional need to interact with customers who may express anger appropriately and inappropriately.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the persons assigned to this classification. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals categorized as such. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Catholic Charities are equal employers and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal residence, veteran status, disability, or AIDS / HIV status or other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
In accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Act, we will consider hiring qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Department or Program: SF HOME
This is a non-management position
This is a full time job
State of the Union: Confederation
Fingerprint verification: required
TB test: not required
First aid certificate: no need for first aid
Expected salary: $25 per hour
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 00:58:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!