Job title: Physician – Critical Care – Intensivist – Seeking Critical Care Medicine Intensivist for Long Beach CA
Company: Veterans Health Administration
Job description: Position information:
VA Long Beach Health Care System (VALBHS), Long Beach CA, is seeking a Fellowship of Trained and Board-Certified (BC) Intensive Care Intensive Care Specialist (CCM-I), to join five other physicians in the Department of Pulmonology, Critical Care and Medicine Sleep, of the Medicine and Inpatient Healthcare Group, is at Tibor Ruben VA Medical Center, in the beautiful coastal port city of Long Beach CA. The physician selected in the 16-bed Combined Intensive Care Unit (ICU) will work with the healthcare team to provide focused, compassionate, purposeful care for veterans to critical care patients. Academically affiliated with the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, VALBHS will be considered for an academic appointment with the support of his or her educational and research interests based on the candidate’s interests, goals, and qualifications. Work schedule: Mondays ï¿½ Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, with shared call responsibilities (1:4 – 1:5 weeks), which includes some hours spent rounding up with colleagues and standby calls from home as essential.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must hold a valid, active, unrelated US government medical license
- The fellowship must be & BC in Critical Care Medicine & BC in Internal Medicine or Emergency
With a population of 467,354, Long Beach is the seventh largest community in California, and one of the most attractive major cities with really good opportunities for friendships, entertainment, romance, and more. People love California for its weather, beautiful scenery, attractions, and overall quality of life, and Long Beach is often described as a “big city with a small town vibe,” full of arts, culture, adventure, sunshine, and smiles. It is also a multicultural place with a cosmopolitan feel, where you can find people from many nations, countries, religions and sects! Long Beach is also nautical, which means that parts of it are somewhat historic and touch the ocean or bodies of water, such as inlets and bays, which attract visitors and locals who come to enjoy the scenery, various waterfront activities and that beautiful southern. Coastal beach life in California. Welcome to Long Beach..the “International City”!
- VA supports a healthy work-life and family balance by offering a robust list of employee benefits and features that focus on clinical excellence, positive patient outcomes, and high employee satisfaction.
- Expected annual salary range of $260,000 to $280,000, plus annual physician performance bonus of up to $15,000.00, with annual longevity pay increments can be considered
- Employment/Resettlement Incentive may be considered up to 15% of annual salary, as well as Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) of up to $200,000 may be available to well-qualified candidates
- Paid leave includes 26 days of vacation, 13 days of sick leave, 10 federal holidays and leave from continuing medical education
- Health – Dental – Vision – Life insurance, with monthly premiums partially met or paid by the government, includes coverage options for eligible spouse, domestic partner and children
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) defined benefit pension, defined savings plan (TSP) defined retirement plan 401Kï¿½ with government matching up to 5%
The Veterans Affairs Administration (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA) offers veterans the largest and most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 clinical sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 veterans’ centers, 47 rehabilitation counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home care programs, in all 50 states, county Colombia and the US Territories.
for more information:
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter summarizing your background, education, training, practices, clinical experience, credentials, and other interests, to David “Dave” Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant. PandoLogic. Category: health care, keywords: critical care doctor 0 – 00 full time
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 05:39:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!