Job title: BENEFITS SPECIALIST
Company: Momentum for Mental Health
Job description: Describe :
**Working schedule is Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, bilingual candidates (Spanish and Vietnamese) are encouraged to apply. This job requires you to drive customers in your car to the Social Services and Social Security offices. A fast-paced program that requires organizational skills and the ability to build rapport with clients to apply for public benefits. **
Under the direction of the Program Director, he manages a number of cases consisting of clients who receive or are entitled to one or more public assistance programs. Obtain and verify updated financial and personal information from applicants and recipients of one or more assistance programs to determine eligibility for public assistance programs and benefits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: * Evaluates and verifies financial and personal information to determine eligibility for public assistance programs. Provides assistance with such things as completing forms and obtaining required verifications. Collects, records and evaluates information necessary to determine eligibility for eligibility programs.
- Provides education and guidance to clients regarding benefits.
- Completes General Assistance, SSI, SSDI, State Disability, Medi-Cal, Medicare forms to qualify clients for entitlement benefits. Makes referrals to individuals who need the beneficiary.
- Provides entitlement services and financial support to individuals enrolled in agency programs such as Crisis Residential programs. Performs mathematical calculations and prepares realistic monthly budgets for clients receiving public assistance.
- Provides direction, advice and/or coordination within the business team to ensure financial assessment, discharge planning and communication of critical information to meet clients’ financial needs. Maintains courteous and professional working relationships with other employees and the public. Ensures compliance with applicable health and safety or other regulatory requirements.
- Complete clinical records and other documentation required as per agency, payment and regulatory requirements, using paper or computer technology. Document information received; Completes reassignment to continue receiving entitlement benefits. Obtains arrest warrant checks for entitlement purposes.
- Participates in management systems as necessary from the discretionary team/program resources available to meet client needs.
- Liaise with public and private agencies to verify eligibility and clarify information gaps for utility purposes. Contact private and public hospitals to obtain medical records for disability benefits requests.
- Provides transportation in personal or agency vehicles, including but not limited to transportation of clients and/or software supplies, for agency business.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: * Attends and participates in staff, program, agency, community and training meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities: (E = Basic; D = Required) * High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education plus five (5) years experience in a human service setting, or Associate’s degree plus three (3) years work experience within a human service environment; OR Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years working experience within a human service environment. (e) A degree in a related field and experience in a mental health setting or with youth at risk is preferred and in some cases a Bachelor’s degree, MHRS qualifications and a greater number of years of experience will be required. These will be noted in all appointments. Volunteer experience and appropriate internships will be considered. (Dr)
- Demonstrates the ability to:
- interviewing individuals who may be under duress and obtaining personal and financial information; (e)
- work independently and provide clinical services; (e)
- engage and communicate effectively with others; (e)
- Provide skills to solve problems as they arise and identify resources to assist clients; (e)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and demands; (e)
- show tact and diplomacy; Good judgment and calm behavior in emergency situations; (e)
- Monitor and support the developmental growth and recovery process (d)
- Work effectively with people of different value systems, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, language abilities, and disabilities; (e)
- Special Requirements: You must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Momentum practices. (e)
- Proven writing proficiency – minimum 40 wpm net; Computer literacy, including Internet research and a basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Windows-based databases; (e) Familiarity with UNIX-based databases. (Dr)
- A valid California driver’s license, with access to a reliable vehicle or to drive a company vehicle, current proof of motor vehicle liability insurance, a clean DMV record, with eligibility for a Class B license. (e)
- Physical requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, with or without housing:
- Standing, walking, sitting, grasping, flexing the fingers and pinching, visual / auditory acuity constantly required (more than two-thirds of the working day); (e)
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, bending, bending, kneeling and twisting is sometimes required (less than a third of the work day); (e)
- Balancing, climbing and crawling may be required occasionally; (e)
- Physically able to assist clients and/or staff in the emergency evacuation of program facilities. (e)
Expected salary: $28.39 per hour
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 00:45:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!