Job title: Associate Software Engineer, Gameplay – Diablo IV
Company: Blizzard Entertainment
Job description: Team name: Diablo
Job Title: Associate Software Engineer, Gameplay – Diablo IV
Order ID: R007157
The Diablo 4 team is looking for a talented and passionate Associate Game Engineer to help shape the future of Diablo. The ideal candidate should have great interpersonal skills and a long-standing passion for playing Diablo and other games of various genres. Candidate must be excited about the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
COVID-19 Recruitment Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to start as a remote location. We understand that each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible temporary options.
- Design, implementation, improvement and maintenance of various gaming systems
- Serve as a service-oriented engineering ambassador for the rest of the team.
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially “play first”
- An intense passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C/C++
- Speaks “designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in professional software engineering or an internship
- In-depth knowledge of the Diablo franchise and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience working on different game systems, including game object management, AI/path, gameplay scripting, player capabilities, user interface, FX, database management, or online networking
- Experience playing and developing RPGs, ARPGS and/or MMORPGS
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related degree
- Experience working with client/server gaming systems,
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Experiment with C#
Required application materials
- Cover letter which must include:
- What interests you about working for Blizzard
- What games are you currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our people hand in hand with business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an emphasis on providing a true work-life balance. We have worked hard to foster an intense collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, training and an opportunity for professional growth. Our people is everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are committed to creating the most amazing entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Location: Irvine, CA
Job date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 07:06:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!