Job title: Associate – Sacramento, CA – Fall 2021
Job description: At CLA we create inspirational jobs.
We understand that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. This is why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
We are looking for Tax/Audit Partners for our office in Sacramento, CA. As a participant, you will provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on developing expertise in a specific industry. You will use your accounting educational background and internship experience to assist with all phases of the engagement or project; The most common audits or links to key tax procedures or issues, providing support and pressure for seniors and others.
- Performs detail work for audits, reviews, some compilations and other assurance service for clients.
- Collects and analyzes data to discover defective controls, duplicate efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations and management policies.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit findings to supervisors.
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns with the tax team.
- Handles routine client tax questions and works with the client to gather information needed to complete tax return and compliance.
- Completes research on taxes and special projects as needed.
- Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
- Expands industry knowledge through increased exposure to peers, internal experts, and clients, and regular self-study and formal training opportunities.
- Passion to do impactful work, Accountability for actions, Initiative to make visions a reality, Integrity that puts honesty and trust above all, Professionalism, Conscientiousness.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations affecting each engagement or project, financial markets, and financial data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with fixed assets Pfx, XCM, Pfx Engagement and CCH Axcess Tax preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Previous accounting training is preferred.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to customer sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Work to get CPA certification. Eligible for the exam.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our employees, customers, and communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative employer. All eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to see your employment rights.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 04:43:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!